Thinking of getting braids? Braids are a great style choice that allows creativity, individuality and a style that lasts. The Clary Sage Hair Braiding Technology program put together a short pros and cons list to help you decide!
- They can last for a long period of time, anywhere from 4-8 weeks, depending on the type and style of the braids you have.
- There are many different style options available for braiding
- Braids are a great protective style if you are in the transitioning from relaxed to natural hair
- Low maintenance
- Braids can help promote healthy growth
- Can cause hair breakage
- Can cause traction alopecia (hair loss) if the braids are not put in correctly
- Braids (beauty) take some time!
- Can get expensive – depending on the type of braids you are getting
- It is not suggested to braid freshly relaxed hair.